Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, January 11, 2016

Volume Up, Temperature Down

January 11, 2016

Hmmmm, what did we do this week other than freeze? I'm really trying
to think because that was about all I could think of or feel. Or not
feel since I was numb.

Monday we had a pretty relaxed P day. We just did emails and played
zombies in the church (someone is a zombie, the others have nerf guns
and try to find the hidden ball before getting infected. It's pretty
fun, but I almost messed up my ankle jumping down some stairs). Then
we went to Walmart to buy ingredients so I could try to make some soup
this week. It was pretty eye opening to realize that I have neither an
idea what marjoram is not where I would find it in the grocery store.
Fortunately, we found a ward member who directed me to the spices
aisle. Anyway, I made my soup, and it turned out pretty good. It was
kind of pricey, but I'm still doing well on finances this month.

Tuesday we split some more wood for an hour or two (which is really
fun and comforting for me. I don't know how to explain it). We had
dinner with one of my favorite families here, the Wiricks, and I found
out how frustrated and competitive I can get in games. If you have
ever played Set, I hate that game. I'm also bad at it. We also had a
meeting about trying to get members to come out to lessons with us,
and we'll be passing around that calendar next Sunday. It would be
ironic if we get swept out right as we're gearing up to set this
member missionary thing up.

Wednesday we tried to visit a list of people and didn't have too much
success with that.

Thursday we drove 2 1/2 hours to Casper for a 3 1/2 hour zone meeting
and then drove the 2 1/2 hours back. We were pretty out of it after
that. The meeting was alright. It was worrisome when I went to talk
with the Spanish sisters and was struggling to form sentences quickly
and to find the right words to say.

Friday and Saturday were a lot of the same. It snowed about 6 inches,
so we shoveled snow one of those days. We also tried to visit some
more families and were moderately successful.

Sunday we had a meeting about the members coming with us to lessons
again, and that went well. Church was good. The gospel doctrine class
in this ward is the best that I have gone to on my mission. A teenage
kid also gave us a referral for a friend of his that he had brought to
church. We're going to start teaching her with him there sometime
hopefully this week.

On other notes, the Contreras family said something to the effect of
"we'll let you know when we're ready to attend church", which is good
if they end up letting us know but bad if that's their ultimatum.
Nothing else to report other than it's really cold here. Oh, and I got
a free subwoofer from a missionary vehicle that wasn't using it. They
said it had been there for a few transfers, and they said sure when I
asked if I could take it. It's missing some cords, but if I get it
hooked up....Lander will be really feeling MoTab hit those low notes.


FREEEEEE


 Dozens of random deer/elk in some dude's field.


 Sinks Canyon, one of the most breathtaking canyons I've been in.


A member's new dog that had passed out.


New record.

No comments:

Post a Comment