Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Last day in Mexico

October 13, 2014

At long last...the time has come to leave the CCM. Here is how this last week went, in no particular order and with all randomness:


At one point this week, I finally hit the 150 lb mark. I know, I know...wipe those tears away and keep reading. 
It wasn't a very good moment for me when I was using my roommates toothpaste and I watched it in slow motion drop from the spot, off the counter, onto the toilet seat, pause tauntingly, and then fall into the toilet. He wasn't too thrilled with me.

One Wednesday this week, when the new missionaries come in, we acted like we were new, gringo accent, first day orientation papers and all. My companion acted like he was from Loch's Cove, Scotland (invented by me), with his pretty good Scottish accent. Everyone kept talking about that new kid from Scotland. Then we felt bad when one kid was bearing his testimony about how hard but amazing this place is ,how we can do it, tears virtually in his eyes. We decided not to tell him the truth, but I don't know how he reacted when he saw our district in the video for those leaving. 


I would like everyone to know to never, ever give up. Elder Enfield, who started losing Rock Paper Scissors 15-3, came back and won 39-38. As his coach, it was one of my proudest moments ever.

Another miracle this week involving Elder Enfield was when we had a devotional. Elder Azzarella had fallen asleep, 5 or so seats down and the next row up. We started throwing candy wrappers at him to wake him up, and Enfield hit him. Azzarella woke up instantly, turned around in anger and punched my companion who was sitting behind him, while we hid behind two hermanas and hid our laughter. Then Azzarella signaled to us that the wrapper was still in his ear. It was the greatest shot ever, and I witnessed it with my own eyes.  I can't blame Azzarella too harshly for falling asleep, though, since that was the day we literally had 8 hours and 45 minutes of meetings.


Today I did my laundry, and while it was still warm, I wrapped it around my body. It was almost like being loved. Then I realized I wouldn't be hugged by a female for two years and a tear slowly rolled down my face. That was almost as sad though as when I found the toilet paper and wipes I had hidden, waiting for a time when I would really need them, only to realize that that time had long past. I don't even know how I'll recover from this one.

I met Katy Perry in the CCM! I got a picture of her too. I think she's going to Provo for her mission, so say hi for me.


The three eternal questions here have been: where is my companion? where is my pen? and what is this so called food that I am eating?


Now for something spiritual. The one thing that I have learned the most here is how flawed I am. It was frightening for me. I thought before I left that I was a pretty good person, not perfect, but pretty dang good. Now I'm realizing how truly far I have left to go. The Christlike characteristics I thought I possessed I realized I only displayed when I wanted to get something in return. Thankfully, there is an Atonement that allows us to grow and change who we fundamentally are or have been. I guess it's a good thing that I have two years and the rest of eternity to work on that. Oh, and this isn't a plea for emails telling me how great I am. 

I'll be sure to tell you all about my area and companion and all of that as soon as I can! I hope you like the pics! Sorry that I don't have a lot, but I'll try to find more good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment