Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, January 25, 2016

Lost Sheep (or goats, at this point...)

January 25, 2016

I think that we worked the most this week than any other week of my mission since being trained. We saw so many people, tried to visit so many more, and had a lot of lessons. There are 2 old bishops who still live in the ward, so they told us all they know about a bunch of people, and then we tracked them down. We have been filtering through the ward list, seeing who is less active out of just laziness and who really doesn't want anything to do with the church. We actually told one guy how to have his records removed since he said he didn't want any more people coming by. 

I had the terrible experience of calling a member about dinner, finding out he thought I was my old companion, but then before I could correct him, he started asking me if I thought "the new guy would do alright with him", the him in that sentence being me. For all of your information, we are doing great together. And apparently my last companion didn't like me that much. 

I have been losing my intelligence as I've been on a mission. This week I tried to open the fence part of a gate, couldn't figure out how to open another gate, and left my iPad on the car and drove for 2 blocks before I realized. This week, as I'm sure you all have heard from any other missionary whose emails you get, there was a world wide missionary training. It was good. There were a lot of advice they gave and teaching "strategies", for lack of a better word, that I have been using for awhile...I guess I'm ahead of the curve. Just kidding, I learned a lot. 

We have 2 new investigators, William and Andrea. They are cousins, and we met them when they came to the church really needing money. We taught them the first lesson this week, and we'll teach them the second this Wednesday. Pray for them!


I taught this family the first lesson when I was back in Saratoga 8 or so months ago, 
and they got baptized last month!

I think I have a problem.

 Had to.

You know you're in Wyoming when...


Is $25 worth scaring the sisters really bad?


Flan (a Hispanic dessert)

No comments:

Post a Comment