Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, November 3, 2014

Cafe Rio, subs, and missionary goggles

November 3, 2014

Today is my 2 month mark, so 1/12 done! I can't tell if it has gone by fast, even in retrospect, or if it has been slow like I've been telling myself for weeks now. But this week was good! We had a first transfer meeting, so I got to see people from my district again and see how they were doing, and I also got to watch Meet the Mormons! It was actually really good, for those of you that haven't seen it. 

Random things about this week:
We went over to help a member of our ward set up for Halloween, and he had the nicest sound equipment I have ever seen. 2 1500W subs, tons of speakers...it was beautiful. He DJs in his spare time. Just had to mention that.

I was, at long last, able to go to Cafe Rio. Oh how glorious...I missed that sweet pork so much. Better than the fake real Mexican food I had in the CCM.

I have been doing pretty awesome at getting up at 6:30, and then one day during weekly planning my companion and I both fell asleep...for 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I think the lesson to be learned here is that God was saying "Look, if you get up on time and try to stay awake, I'll sustain you, but as soon as you decide to go to sleep, it's game over." Since then, I've been getting up on time (although that might have been from daylight savings as well as having to be inside on Halloween by 6, so I got some extra sleep there too).

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner on an exchange, and we got to talking about missionary goggles and girls. I wanted to make sure that my goggles were still off my head, so I asked him "So like our waitress is actually cute right, it's not just the goggles. She's cute right?" Before he could answer, she walked around our table from behind me with a peculiar smile on her face. So that's why you don't even talk about girls as a missionary.

I may or may not have been following the Spirit last night. We were going to visit an investigator, but she wasn't home, so then we tried to visit someone else. There lights were all off in the trailer, but I said that we should visit them anyway just to see, and also I really needed the bathroom. So we knocked on the door, someone answered, it was the wrong house, I asked to use the bathroom, and now we have a new investigator! We taught the first lesson and left a Book of Mormon, so we'll check up on him next week to see how he's doing. 

Thanks for all of the prayers and fasting in my behalf. I have definitely felt better this week, and I can't thank you enough. Sorry that I don't have any pictures of me. I'll try to do better at that. I'm not a huge fan of the selfie, so here are a few pics that I did take. Really the clouds here are just incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment