Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Thursday, September 3, 2015

August 31,2015

Unfortunately, I didn't send an email last week, and I have more bad news. I pasted all of my notes for these 2 emails in a draft, and then when I had my iPad remote reset since it wouldn't update apps it deleted all of my drafts for some reason, so now I'm just going off memory. First world problems. 

This week we actually had some unexpected, nice surprises! We got a call from a Spanish speaking woman that asked us when and where church was and if she could come. So out of nowhere, we got an investigator! Then we got something also really rare, a referral. We have an appointment with him this Thursday. We've also been focusing a lot of member lessons to fill the time when we don't have anything too productive going on since everyone is in school or out of town for the weekend, and our ward mission leader told us this week he has seen a noticeable difference in the attitude that members have towards the missionaries. It's always nice to see fruits for labors.

We also did a lot of service this week, of course. I've come full circle in my life, and I am now back to working in a dish room. Except I don't get paid this time, and it smells a LOT better in this dish room than the one at the Cannon Center. I also cut someone's hair for service (I cut my own, how hard can it be? It turned out alright. By alright I actually mean good). Martha didn't read the chapter we left her, but we committed her to read it by the next time we come. Another family offered us burritos on our way to the truck, and we accepted them to eat at the house. They were so good we went back to thank them again. It was like an American-style burrito, since it had hamburger meat and hot dog pieces inside, but they were heavenly. 

The Plugge's, a family that feeds us every week and buys some of our groceries, found out that Brother Plugge has cancer and they can't cure it. They don't know how long he has to live, but when called on to bear his testimony in church he said "please don't pray that I'll be healed. Whatever's going to happen will happen. I'm not worried about it", and he meant it. It was a great demonstration of faith. 

A lot of new families (well, mainly older guys that are here for work) moved into the branch these two weeks. We met with one who seems to be an incredibly humble, loving guy that is less active, and another is here for a few months to set up internet lines or something. They both seem like really great guys. I'm excited to be able to get to know them while they're here. 

When we were down in Greeley after our meeting with Elder Zeballos, we met up with Matt, who recently moved down there. We were all together, and we got talking to someone else about the gospel while Matt was there. He was one of the best member presents I've ever had at a member present lesson. Matt has some things he can change in his life (like all of us), but he bore a simple and powerful testimony that this church is true and it makes sense. We then had another, and Matt again was perfect. It was awesome. 

Well, I'm drawing a blank on what else to write this week. I hope you all have or had a good week starting school or whatever else you're all doing with your lives!


Mission tour

A stress balloon thing full of flour that popped all over everywhere. 
That picture alone shows like 1/3 of our motel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment