Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gotham and American Fark

December 15, 2014

Who still reads this?
Other than some of my family and a few other choice friends that I'm guessing read it, I'm trying to decide why I write these. Maybe I'm just being brought to a perfect remembrance of my guilt for not having exciting weeks.

Let's see...it was literally 68 degrees outside this Friday. That was amazing.

I would encourage you all to look up "Mary, Did You Know?" by Pentatonix. It will blow your mind. 

We had an impromptu lunch with a ward member, and after when we were in a food coma sitting on the couch we were watching the TV. The TV, not like TV shows. I don't know if that's technically banned or not. Anyway, the Roku logo was bouncing back and forth on the screen (standby mode), and then we wondered if it were possible for it to hit the corner. The member looked it up on Youtube and it is, indeed, possible. Then we thought we saw it hit the corner but had to make sure, so we spent the next 10 minutes watching the Roku logo bounce. Then someone hit the remote and we all had mini heart attacks.

That member also told us that his friend recently had a baby and said "it doesn't feel real yet". He replied "it'll feel real when you're getting up at 2 in the morning to make him stop crying". Then he replied "I'm considering naming my kid 'Gotham' so that when my wife comes in and wakes me up she can say 'Gotham needs you'". That was probably the funniest thing I heard all week. 

About 1 in 5 times that I say I'm from American Fork someone says "American Fark?" and laughs at their own joke. It's driving me insane. I might just claim Lehi as my hometown soon.

We haven't been able to meet with the Hernandez family since that one first lesson, but we went over last night and there whole family was there having a party. We set a return appointment for tonight, so we're going to teach the Plan of Salvation and see what happens. I want to get excited about teaching them, but it's hard when we teach a first lesson, the Spirit is definitely there, and then we never see them again. They avoid us, won't answer there phone, tell us to come back later, whatever it is. It's hard having investigators and then none of them progress, and I still don't know how to help them progress sometimes with the language barrier. I usually self-proclaim myself to be on keep-the-kids-from-killing-each-other duty when that's applicable, and I actually love doing that. 

K, that's all I have this week. Have a great week before Christmas week everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment