Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

He is the Gift and baking cookies

December 22, 2014

This week was difficult. Our lesson with the Hernandez family ended with them telling us they were comfortable where they are at but that we can come over and discuss Christ whenever we want. We had 1 or 2 lessons with our other investigators, and the rest didn't answer their doors or were busy. We found 2 new investigators when we gave them a He is the Gift card last night. They seemed very open, receptive, and thankful, so we will definitely be re-visiting them.
We moved this week since the people we were living with are having their teenage daughter for a few weeks during Christmas. I now have a queen size bed and finally enough space for everything. I'll send a picture next week.
I had a dilemma last night during my prayers. I said I wasn't going to stop praying until I either 1) felt the Spirit or 2) fell asleep. During my prayer, I was getting a little tired, but nothing I couldn't handle. The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed. I literally have no idea how I got there. I don't even remember falling asleep or getting close to it, and I don't remember crawling into bed. I'm still a little disturbed by it.
On Christmas there is a chance of....rain. Yeah. I don't yet know how I feel about that. 

This week we are going to be baking cookies and taking them to our investigators to hopefully show them that we really do care about them. Bribery into the baptismal font? Maybe. But whatever it takes, right? Just kidding.
We were able to sing Christmas carols at the old folks home this week, and it was awesome to see how happy they were for that. My weeks go by the Fridays because of Aspen House.
I hope you all have a great week, and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment