Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

December 1, 2014


Most of this is going to be pictures. Not a whole lot happened this week. The English-fast has made my head hurt like crazy each night this week, but I have also progressed a TON in Spanish. I can now speak at the level of a 4 year old native speaker.

We found almost the perfect family last night half tracting, half using the area book. They are a super spiritual family, they accepted all of our commitments, we left a Book of Mormon and a Restoration pamphlet, and they are just awesome. The only problem is that they are very active in the Catholic church (which isn't exactly a problem, since they do a lot of service and are just great people, but you know what I mean), which as my companion said, is the second hardest church to prove wrong...but I'm so excited to see where it goes! I also said the doorstep approach which was basically "We're missionaries, we have a message about Christ, can we come in?" And lo and behold, they let us in! For the first time in my companion's mission, he said, has he been let in the door tracting, and all that was necessary was to just straight up ask.  But hey, that's all I knew how to say, and it worked. It's amazing how I can accidentally include things in our lessons because that's what my vocabulary is limited to and yet they are what they need to hear, like how we forgot to mention baptism in the near future except when I said "we are on earth to make covenants like baptism". 


Missionary work is actually pretty awesome when stuff happens and you see people progress. It makes me want to work harder to get those things to happen. Everyone has their agency though, and it has been hard to find people, but we'll see what happens. 

Here are a lot of pics. Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving! And just so no one sarcastically asks, yes, I was warm in my puffy coat that makes me look like a fat spaceman.


A member that graduated from Good 'ol AF High. (Brother Biggs).


Cupcakes made Turkeys


Thanksgiving with the Mickelson's! (And that's GuaranĂ¡, not Mountain Dew, I'm not "apostate" as some missionaries would claim it makes you.)


Christmas lights

Dope tree house




The Fort Collins temple under construction!

(PS, I asked Kennon which is the first hardest church to prove wrong and he said he actually meant first hardest church!  I think we should pray for this family and for Kennon and his companion).

No comments:

Post a Comment