Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, January 26, 2015

A "cruse of oil" moment

January 26, 2015

So...
Freddy's dad was not cool with him getting baptized, same with his wife, since his stance is "I was born a Catholic, I'm gonna die a Catholic, and my family too". But, we had their family all sit down and talk about it (we weren't there, we just called Freddy and he told us it was about to happen) and his dad said he could get baptized, but only if he really looked into the church and found out everything he could and was going to really live his religion. So it turned out that his dad has now just forced his son to commit to being a faithful, lifelong member. We aren't sure yet if his mom is going to be able to get baptized, but they are going to talk about it.

We had stake conference this week, and 2 of the kids we played soccer with last Monday came with their mom's best friend, who is a member. We're probably going to be playing again today.

Ivan and his family are another awesome family that we have been teaching. Their main focus in life is family, which is perfect since everything we do is to build and strengthen the family unit. We are going to be teaching them more about the Plan of Salvation and families being forever this Saturday

I can't really remember much else this week. I am getting a sore throat, but nothing I can't live with. The real problem though was when it came down to buying cough drops or mouthwash, since I couldn't buy both this month due to my lack of funds. So, now with a remainder of $.59 on my missionary debit card, I will be going without mouthwash when the little bit I have left runs out. I'm hoping that I have a "cruse of oil" moment with it or something like that.

The pics for this week have come from all over. I should have sent some of them awhile ago (or maybe I did and forgot), but anyways, here they are.


This is from Christmas with our new Nerf Guns


From Aspen House, singing to the old folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment