Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Friday, January 2, 2015

Merry Christmas!

December 29, 2014

I was a little too preoccupied with Christmas to do much that was productive this week. Christmas was wonderful, and thank you all so so much for the cards and presents. The family we were with all Christmas gave us all Nerf guns and extra bullets, and we have so far put them to good use. I'll send a picture next week.
On Sunday, in response to two separate, uncoordinated prayers by me and my companion, we had the opportunity to give 5 priesthood blessings. Everyone in Colorado seems to be getting the flu, but I think I am immune because I got it back in September in the MTC.
Today we had an investigator tell us just how poor she was. She is jobless, lives in a trailer, and can't go look for work because her car isn't safe to drive. Her husband couldn't make it to work in his truck the 5th day in a row, so she asked us if there was any way we could get her food. It surprises me how many resources missionaries have. It made me believe in the talk by Elder Nelson, "Ask the Missionaries". Within 45 minutes, we showed up with two boxes of food from our leftover holiday gifts from members and the extra food another missionary had (ironically, some of it he actually likes, but since he got the flu today, the thought of eating it makes him want to puke, so he gave it to us. Coincidence?) We were able to give them that, share a message about how we are all beggars, like Elder Holland spoke about this general conference, and then listen to them tell us more about their circumstances. The more poor people are generally more teachable, so we're really hoping that they'll be more receptive to our message of Christ.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and will enjoy New Year's. 

Some of these pics I should have sent a long time ago, but I'll send them now anyway:


Hot jello, to prep for our 4 part a capella quartet...which went alright...


King size bed.



Another shot of the new room


My tiny tree surrounded by presents


Trying to do Christmas carols with chimes at a ward member's house


One of my less flattering pictures.

PART 2:
Sorry, I forgot to add that Elder Bednar will be coming to our mission conference January 9 depending on weather, and gas just hit $1.99 in Longmont. I can also play Airplanes all the way through now, but the end is rough. I'll send a recording of me playing it later if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment