Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Two baptismal dates set!!

January 20, 2015

I really don't know how to start this one and make this not come across in a bad way. So, I say this with as much good feelings and not trying to be insensitive or rude or anything like that. We had a lot of pretty crazy appointments this week. We taught one transvestite, possibly transgender, we found someone that we are going to teach how to read (she's in her 60s), and we are going to teach some lesbians this coming week as well. I hope that doesn't come across like "those people are weird or bad" or anything like that, it's just that those are some types of people that most people would say our church has the most against. Not true, but that is the stereotype. It amazes me how even people that seem to be so far from the standards we believe in are curious about what we believe in. Hopefully we will see some of them progress.

We also had a lady come up to us at lunch today asking why we believed in having more that one wife. Thankfully we were able to correct that misconception.

We had one lesson with some investigators that we brought our newly called ward mission leader to, and that went horribly wrong. He started arguing with the dad about what really happened with the kid that got lost from Cuba (? I don't actually know the details of the story or the exchange since it was in rapid Cuban Spanish, which means there are no s's, but my companion told me to kick him and tell him to shut up). Anyway, we didn't bring him to any more lessons after that with that family. 

I've also gotten a little fed up with having dinners-yes dinners-at 11 in the morning. We tried to get another day that happened, and then she said "sure, come over at 3". Apparently dinner is now breakfast and lunch.

We got 2 baptismal dates set this week. Freddy who we met at service and his mom both agreed to get baptized the 7th of February. We'll be working close with them the next little bit to keep them on track and hopefully get a baptism.

We went up to Fort Morgan this week to go play basketball with a bunch of high school Hispanics, and that was so sick. That was probably the only solid hour of my mission where I didn't think about girls one time. They play so well, and I actually scored one time. I realized though just how old and how fat I am. Not really, I'm still only about 160, but I was so out of breath. 

Hope you all enjoy the pics.


 Titanic that Freddy made.



 Part of our district. My companion is the Latino with glasses.


The ghettoness of Greeley.


Freaky thing left in our apartment.
(Is Kennon too young to recognize ET?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment