Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, March 23, 2015

Because He Lives

March 16, 2015

First big news: Like He is the Gift, the church is releasing another initiative (but for Easter) on March 28th called Becausehelives. The video will go out on that date, though since we're on missions we get special privileges, I've already seen it, and it's a really good video. Also on April 5th, General Conference Sunday and also my birthday, YouTube's sole advertiser will be a 15 second version of the video. Spread the word!

We also got official word that our mission will be getting iPads in late spring/early summer, so I'm stoked about that. I realized the other day that I only have 20 or so days being a teenager, which sort of blew my mind.

This week was kind of rough on missionary work. As a district we lost 5 baptism dates. We had to drop Ivan and his family since they said they don't have time for us, and our "golden" investigators, Jose and Santos, were busy when we came by on Friday. They said they would call us when they had some time, so we're really hoping that's not code for never come to our house again.

The Rios family with Giovanni (9), Lizzie (11) and Lizet (13) went with their dad this week, so they weren't able to come to church, and they weren't back when we had our appointment
I did something stupid this week. After playing basketball with some kids, one of them said "if I make this shot you owe me $5". I said I don't have $5 to give, which he took as OK. He made it, so I said if I make a shot from half court you owe me $5. I made it, and then a little competition got started. At one point I was in the hole $10, but finally when we were even I said I had to go. 

Hope you all have a great week in the real world.


Investigator of other elders with a baptism date the 28th


Habitat for Humanity helping make houses

No comments:

Post a Comment