Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, March 23, 2015

Football, basketball, and a big, fat, sharp toenail

March 9, 2015

We had an incredible week as far as missionary work goes. Right now, we have 10 people with a baptismal date, although since only 1 of them came to church, there is only 1 that can actually meet that baptismal date of March 27. He's a super cool 8 year old kid named Giovanni. His two sisters weren't able to come to church, but they came to the FHE activity we had last night at the church. Ivan and his family still haven't come to church, and we have no idea what we're going to do. 

Instead of knocking doors one day at a trailer park like usual, I convinced my companion to let me ask some kids if we could play football with them. They said yes, we played for an hour or so, I got tackled into a wet spot of grass while I was wearing my white shirt and dress pants, and then after messing around for awhile we talked about being missionaries and going to church and stuff. And...boom, another investigator and a bunch of kids that think we're dope. Later we played basketball when a 12 year old girl came up with her crew and asked if we'd play against them. So it was me and and a bunch of 8-13 year old guys against 5 12 year old girls that were surprisingly good while my comp talked to the kids waiting to sub in. 

My traumatic experience this week was when I was walking in my room and stepped on a pin. But it wasn't a pin. It was a big, fat, sharp toenail. Have a great week.


Size 18 shoes


10 commandments at the Catholic church across the street 

No comments:

Post a Comment