Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Friday, August 7, 2015

August 3, 2015

So...my companion and I were digging a trench, and apparently some form of frogs/toads live in the dirt, so my companion, being slightly psychotic, wanted to cut off their heads with his shovel. I told him no way, and then 5 minutes later he threw a fat one at my back. Well, I wasn't going to take that, so I threw it back at him and then it was bleeding a lot and its leg was a mess...so I cut its head off to put it out of its misery. Just wanted to relate that horrible story to ya'll.


For transfers I will be staying in Yuma, but I'll have Elder Clavel as my companion. I don't really know a lot about him, but from what I've heard we'll either love or hate each other. I'm a little nervous. I think we'll get along, but...you never know. His parents are from Chile but he grew up in California, he plays soccer, and he is really girl trunky. Not a good combo for us, but we'll make it work.

We had dinner with a single lady in our ward (outside, no worries people) and we had a long, fantastic discussion on marriage. It was amazing but kind of no surprise to me that she reiterated a lot of the things I had been telling my companion all transfer and how many things we agreed upon. Anyway, it was just a great conversation that kind of made me want to go home and get married like I've been dealing with for 11 months now. Oh well.

On the way home from that dinner, we took a different way home. When we came to a crossroads between a road that took us south when we needed to go north or a semi road that took us straight, we went straight. And ended up driving through 4 ft tall weeds around a cornfield until we found an exit. It was really fun though. 

This transfer went by fast. I'm kind of starting to believe that at some point in the future my mission will actually end. Isn't that a scary thought? It has made me reconsider what the heck I'm doing out here, what I need to improve, and how I don't want to have any regrets. 

Our investigators are doing...alright. Again, they all didn't come to church, but we'll be helping them paint their porches this week (it got pushed back a week) and hopefully be able to motivate them to come to church, read their scriptures, pray, etc.

(P.S.  Kennon found his glasses!)

 A frog/toad (what's the difference anyway?)


Martha and her family with my companion saying bye

 Volleyball dives in shallow sand




No comments:

Post a Comment