Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, November 23, 2015

A Smooth and Polished Shaft

November 23, 2015

It was one of the harder weeks of my mission. To start, our most hopeful investigator cancelled on us about an hour before the lesson to tell us that her boyfriend was no longer comfortable with us coming over. She was the one that told us God told her to open her eyes and walk with faith. That was a letdown. We had a good lesson with the Duartes, but then they, too, cancelled on us for the second lesson this week. We should see them Wednesday. Our lesson with the Rascon family didn't go very well because they were all super tired, and so no one really paid attention. We'll be meeting with them tonight, and I'm hoping it will go a little better. I also had a thought come to mind that I could do something charitable for them, so I bought a pool stick online so that they would have at least one good one. I half regret it now that I have like $6 to live off of for the rest of this month, but I guess it'll work out. I'll probably be glad I did it when I see their reaction tonight. We also visited someone we hadn't seen in awhile (they weren't progressing), but instead of being glad that we came back, she chewed us out for stopping coming by and seeing her. Now I'm really incentivized to go there again...

On the up side, we had a really good lesson with Paige and her family. We had taught them all of the lessons (except lesson 5), and the parents still weren't on board or ok with Paige being baptized (before you get too excited, they still aren't). We decided to give a lesson on the talk called The Blueprint of Christ's Church, which pretty much proves our church is true. If you haven't read it, you should do that. We didn't want it to come across as demeaning or in your face, so I was really nervous for this lesson. At the end, Paige's mom opened up a ton and said that she is comfortable with where she is at and loves going to her church. I told her that she wasn't going to get an answer about the Book of Mormon if she's comfortable where she is at, and she didn't take it offensively.

We also both had the opportunity to talk in church on Preach My Gospel, so I decided to go ham about how it's the members' responsibility primarily to find people for us to teach. That was nice to get off my chest. It was a good Sunday. I also got some ties made for me out of that shirt I bought at a thrift store by one of the ladies that works at another thrift store. They're dope, in my opinion. 

Hopefully this wasn't too long and followed a coherent train of thought.




They have fishing line attached to their door that goes to ornaments hanging from the ceiling, so they all come down when the door is opened.


Sunset


Ties


Dory!


Paige's cat


No comments:

Post a Comment