Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Monday, November 30, 2015

In Some Hot Water

November 30, 2015

The title is just a pun, because actually, we haven't had hot water for 2 days. The hot water went out late Saturday night, so we couldn't shower Sundaybefore church. We showed up to help shovel the church sidewalks, and it was already done. Then we helped move some things in the shed with the branch president, and so our meeting with him about our work that week was blown off. Then after sacrament meeting, I put on my beanie to cover my gross, unshowered hair. A lady came up to me and told me to take it off because "it's very disrespectful and offensive". 20 minutes later, a bald lady that was visiting came in with---a beanie on her head. The audacity! Thankfully, that lady didn't tell her, too, to take off her beanie. I'm glad that she (hopefully) learned something about the spirit of the law that day and also that karma was on my side.

Sorry, I just had to vent. this week was pretty full of trials. First, it snowed. What the heck. Second, I had to pay $14 for a meal, 1/10 of my monthly allowance, for a pretty shoddy meal at the place where we have always eaten free. The waitress told me "you have to pay for any steak or tilapia that you order, like you know", which I didn't know, and told her it wasn't even worth an argument. The owner is the same lady that owns the motel, so she seems to be out to get me. I guess I should be grateful that that's the only meal I've paid for...Oh yeah, we ate with 3 families for Thanksgiving. It was delicious.

I'm pretty much done with this area. I feel like I've done more than my part here, and me staying any longer would just be a bad thing. I need some changes. Maybe I'm just rambling and justifying my feelings, but I'm really hoping for a transfer this next week. 7 out of 9 of our hopeful, set appointments fell through, including a family we found this week. And the family I bought a pool stick for I think has subtly dropped us. There goes $18. Misciel also leaves to Chihuahua tomorrow, but hopefully she will be back in 2 weeks. Yeah, not the best week. What is that, 3 in a row now?




Yuma Main Street (I'll try to get a better pic. I meant to send this last week).

The Jehovah's Witnesses knocking all of the doors that we just knocked. I forgot to mention that in the email part.

My very empty 1st plate of Thanksgiving. 


Buster Bluth (that won't make sense to some of you)







Basically these could be used in a Nissan commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment