Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Friday, June 5, 2015

May 18, 2015

This week was pretty solid. There is so much work to do in Saratoga. Almost every family is part member or has at least one less active in it, usually more, so the majority of our work will be with them. We also have 5 investigators, but none of them are currently progressing. One of them we had a lesson with yesterday but she never opened her door. 

Me being the only Spanish missionary here, I got to translate in sacrament meeting for the first time for one of our investigators that finally came to church. Let me just say how hard it is to translate a coherent story when the speaker keeps switching topics, going back, and getting sidetracked, but I think the Nicaraguan got the gist of it. We also had a lesson with 3 of them later that night that went pretty well. Our elder's quorum president speaks Spanish, so he came with us and bailed me out a few times when I couldn't explain some things the way I wanted to. However, I was told that my Spanish was better than another person's, a native from Honduras (though I think that was because he doesn't open his mouth very well and he's pretty quiet, but whatever, I'll take it as a compliment). We're trying to set up soccer nights with them sometime soon as well.

It's pretty awesome having a really famous fishing river run right through the middle of the town, so whenever we have 15 minutes or so we can pull over and throw a few lines out. Being out of MSF for the month, catching fish and having them for meals is really helping me not starve (I'm exaggerating, don't worry mom). But really, catching, filleting, and eating fish has been dope. Saratoga is the bomb.
 Landscape

 Landscape

 20" tender mercy

As redneck as it gets

No comments:

Post a Comment