Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Friday, June 5, 2015

April 20, 2015

Either I or my companion were sick for the duration of this week, so our missionary efforts were not that great. That being said, we still had some really cool experiences.

The highlight was when we were asked to give a blessing to a 16 year old girl in our ward. She is a cancer survivor, but for the past 2 months she has been having severe headaches in a certain spot on her head. They are worried that it is coming back, and they're going to get MRIs soon. I got to seal the anointing and give the blessing. As soon as I started, I felt how much love our Heavenly Father has for her. I was crying through the whole blessing, and I just wanted her to know how proud our Heavenly Father is of her and how much he cares and is aware of her. It was really powerful. We also went out with that family to eat later in the week, and it was good to see her happier and smiling more despite her difficulties.

The weather this week was crazy, with getting a ton of rain one day and then snow the next. Greeley has a really bad city drainage system or something, because there were puddles/pools of water all over the city for the next several days and even still now. There was a huge storm cloud one day, but fortunately the majority of it missed us.

Yarlet has been reading the Book of Mormon faithfully, and she feels like it is true. In her own words, "I don't know, I just feel something holding me back". I asked her if it was just her parents, traditions, if she doubts it's true, etc., and the conclusion we came to is that she had just never before considered the possibility of other scriptures before and the concept is still weird to her. We're going to keep working with her to try and relieve any doubts she has. 

On a final random side note, the food that we were fed this week was so good. Legitimate Hispanic food is the bomb.

Sorry, no pics :/

No comments:

Post a Comment