Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Friday, June 5, 2015

May 26, 2015

Another redneck good time up here in Wyoming.

Actually, it could have been that way, but we decided against going to the mud-bogging competition since it cost $7. Instead, we spent the majority of this week being depressed by the near constant rain we've had for 2 straight weeks now. Today it finally was sunny and hit almost 70, but it's supposed to rain later again tonight. 

We have continued fishing, so much so that I'm at the point where I prefer to sit in the car and study Spanish while my companion fishes. We haven't caught much of anything lately despite the rain, so that's the only reason I'm not out there with him. I'm sure my frustration with not feeling 100% fluent is a factor in me studying so hard lately. Not having a Spanish companion has motivated me more than anything else has before for some reason. 

It's interesting being in the middle of nowhere because sometimes we have to drive 30 minutes to go and visit people who live on mountain ranges with their animals or on ranches away from everything else. It makes for some pretty awkward, silent drives. 

On the up side, we got iPads. We had a really long (we got up at 3:30 to make the 3 hour drive in time, showing up an hour and fifteen minutes early. I was not thrilled) but good training by brother Nielsen and brother Mills. Brother Nielsen spoke in conference about the Prodigal Son, and Brother Mills will be taking over the missionary department in August or so. It was also really good to see so many missionaries I haven't seen in forever, and how close some of them are to going home. It seems like time has gone by so fast for all of them but I've stayed the same, which obviously isn't true but that's what it seems like. 

I'll send a bunch of pictures next week. The computer here isn't letting usb connections work for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment