Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Colorado Fort Collins Mission
Colorado Fort Collins Mission

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

June 8, 2015


What a great week.

We have been blessed enough to see some of the fruits of our labors. After spending tons of time with Justin and his family and always just having him be closed off, we cracked him. Dinner was with him, his family, and his new girlfriend, and it came time for the message. We shared one video, they said they liked it but the other one was better, and then his girlfriend asked to see the other one. Then we showed them all that one again, and then my companion felt prompted to follow it up with a 3rd one. After that one, the room was saturated with the Spirit. We said, "Justin, you've told us that you've never felt the Spirit, right? What you're feeling right now is the spirit. This room is full of it", and then it somehow intensified even more. The next 2 hours were spent talking with his less active parents about their concerns with Justin and why they don't come to church. The dad then asked for a blessing before we left, which I was able to give. They didn't end up coming to church, but we'll get them soon.
And all of this came after me finding out an old investigator decided to get baptized....in another church. And and me hardly being able to participate due to my freaking allergies. Even in the midst of hard times, we can look for the blessings. It's also good to note that the great lesson happened when instead of us going home because I felt terrible, we decided to stay and give them a full lesson. Sacrifice brings the blessings of heaven.

For P day, we hiked up a "small" hill and went sledding...one time, since I nearly died from lack of oxygen (that's an exaggeration, but it isn't that my chest still hurts from that hike). It was great to hike in 80 degree heat with the cold snow keeping me cool and the gorgeous view from the top. I only went down one time also because I made the mistake of going head first and my fingers were getting destroyed by the snow cutting them. Still fun though. Pics included, though I'm not in any of them from the top because I wasn't thinking clearly. Probably from lack of oxygen.

There was also some crazy weather this week. I think our mission had around 5 tornadoes this week...yeah. 


Kitties


Crazy lightning storm in the distance


New, fat tie

View from the hill

canyon 

No comments:

Post a Comment